http://ag.christianbook.com/g/affiliate/large_banner/728_90Generic2.gif

Saturday, August 27, 2011

How to live a successful life

How to live a successful life
Pro 4:4 He also taught me, and said to me: "Let your heart retain my words; Keep my commands, and live
There are 4 things we are going to draw from this scripture.
  1. Taught
  2. Retain
  3. Keep
  4. Live
I. Taught- to throw, to direct, teach, instruct
  1. To live this life you must be willing to learn
  2. Mar 1:22 And they were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
  3. Mar 2:13 Then He went out again by the sea; and all the multitude came to Him, and He taught them.
  4. Mar 4:2 Then He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in His teaching:
  5. Mar 6:30 Then the apostles gathered to Jesus and told Him all things, both what they had done and what they had taught.
II. Retain - to grasp, hold, support, attain, lay hold of, hold fast
  1. Your body retains food until its process; you retain the Word of God to process or practice it. As you practice the Word it becomes a life style.
  2. Pro 3:18 She [is] a tree of life to those who take hold of her, And happy [are all] who retain her.
a. This is the reason some Christians are not happy, they are not retaining the Word.
  1. Pro 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low : but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit
a. Upholding the Word brings honor.
2. Isa 41:10 Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
a. Upholding the Word drives fear away.
3. Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, [in whom] my soul delighteth ; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles
a. When Gentiles see us upholding the Word of God they will see the result of making good decisions.
III. Keep- to keep, guard, observe, give heed
  1. Luk 19:40 But He answered and said to them, "I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out."
a. I don’t know about you but I don’t want anything crying out to God in my place
2. Jhn 14:15 -24"If you love Me, keep My commandments.
a. We respect our natural parents by doing what they tell us. We are known as good children when we do so.
b. Should we do any less for God?
3. Psa 119:33-34 Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, And I shall keep it to the end. 34 Give me nderstanding, and I shall keep Your law; Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
IV. Live- to live, have life, remain alive, sustain life, live prosperously, live for ever, be quickened, be alive,
be restored to life or health

  1. Jhn 6:58 "This is the bread which came down from heaven--not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever."
  2. Jhn 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
  3. Act 17:28 "for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.'
  4. Psa 119:144 The righteousness of Your testimonies [is] everlasting; Give me understanding, and I shall live.
  5. Pro 9:6 Forsake foolishness and live, And go in the way of understanding.
Closing: Pro 4:4 He also taught me, and said to me: "Let your heart retain my words; Keep my commands, and live
Teachable spirit + Retaining the Word of God + Keeping it unpolluted = A SUCCESSFUL LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment